Each template comes with its own unique tutorials and instructions. This page
only shows the general tutorials, but for more specific tutorials please see
your template files. If you deleted the insturctions or tutorials
file please send use a email with the template name your ordered at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will send one from the template you ordered.
Create a New Website Template
1. For FrontPage 2000 users, go to File > New > Web. For FrontPage 2002 users, go to File > New > Web or File; then click on Web Site Templates in the right column.
2. This will bring up the available templates you can create.
3. From here, you can either double click on the selected template or click Ok.
4. After you complete step 3, a new web template will be created.
Change a Current Button Name
1. Go to Navigation View (View > Navigation).
2. Select the page you want to rename within the navigation structure.
3. Right click and select Rename.
4. Go to View > Page and your changes will be made.
1. Go to the page you want to change.
2. Go to File > Properties.
3. Under Title, delete what is currently there and add the title of your new page.
4. Click the Ok button.
Delete a Button
1. Go to Navigation View (View > Navigation)
2. Select the page you want to delete in the navigation area and hit delete on your keyboard.
3. In the new window that pops up select the radio button that says: Remove this page from all navigation bars.
4. Click the Ok button.
Create and Add a New Page
1. Open an existing page that you would like to copy, such as contact_us.htm.
2. Go to File > Save As, and then a window will pop-up.
3. To the right of Page title: click on the Change button and type in the Title of your new page.
4. Under File name insert the name of the new page you want to create. It is important that you dont have any blank spaces in the file name. For example, if you want to create a page called our services your need to type in
our_services or ourservices.
5. Click Ok.
Note: Once you have created a new page you will want to add it to your navigation. Follow the steps below.
6. Go to Navigation View (View > Navigation).
7. In the folder list, select or highlight the new page and drag it into the navigation area.
8. Make sure the page is in the navigation area where you want it to go.
Delete a Page
1. In your Folder List find the page you want to delete.
2. Right-click on the page and select delete.
Rename an Existing Page File
1. If your Folder List is not already open go to View > Folder List.
2. Find the page or file you want to change then left click on it and select Rename.
3. Rename the file to your choice. Make sure the file has the .htm on the end.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
If your template uses cascading style sheets: To change the font size in the footer (.footer), info box (.info_box_text), or the main body (body,p,td) modify the text.css file. The text.css file is found in the css folder.
For Example, if you wanted to change the font size of the text in the info boxes find the .info_box_text code in the css file and to the right change the 8pt to the size you want.
*Do not delete the CSS file.
For more information about cascading style sheets visit http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/stylesheet_guide/ or http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp.
Adding a Navigation Bar for Sub Pages
If you have sub pages you can create a navigation bar for them by going to Insert > Navigation Bar and choosing the correct level you want to display.
Location of the E-commerce Graphics
If your template comes with e-commerce graphics you will find them in the folder called called ecommerce_graphics.
For additional help email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 661-345-0390.